Remington 1911 R1

Well i finally pulled the proverbial trigger on a new to me 1911. Picked up this R1 off gunbroker for a very reasonable price. One of the early production guns. 2011 model, I guess its a distributor special. Factory green finish looks better in person. Comes with all the factory paperwork in box. I have always liked Remington products and im happy to have this one. Unfortunately due to presidents day monday the clerks office is closed. So ill have to wait until Tuesday to pick it up. 

201E08D3-5695-43E5-BB49-6677348E0569.jpeg

• Like 5

Well i finally pulled the proverbial trigger on a new to me 1911. Picked up this R1 off gunbroker for a very reasonable price. One of the early production guns. 2011 model, I guess its a distributor special. Factory green finish looks better in person. Comes with all the factory paperwork in box. I have always liked Remington products and im happy to have this one. Unfortunately due to presidents day monday the clerks office is closed. So ill have to wait until Tuesday to pick it up. 
201E08D3-5695-43E5-BB49-6677348E0569.thumb.jpeg.9ce7a2e3a2e1e3a25720af59dade2254.jpeg

Nice gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, johnplav said:

7.  Where was yours made?  One of mine is NY, the other is Alabama. 

Mine is a NY gun. Made in 2011 according to the sticker on the box. Mine came with two 8 round Remington magazines. I looked up the sku number and apparently it was a distributor special and about 900 were produced. Im new to the 1911 game, from my reading the 7 shot is standard magazine capacity for the .45acp guns. The three dot sights are much better than the standard government model sights. I grabbed 300 rounds from bass pro yesterday, cant wait to test it out. 

Edited by SpacemanSpiff
  • Like 1