how?

Robinson446

How are u guys doing it? I see some of the videos posted of you guys sitting in the woods but I am sitting in to the fields and catching them as they come down I was trees. I see some of you were sitting right in the woods so I'm wondering how are you guys are going about setting this up what you doing to prepare for this and how should I go about setting up in the field becsuse I'm trying to catch them as they come down right before the cross the head row into the corn feild like a guy did this mornig in my spot and my dad did last year. Thanks, Jordan.

Not an expert by any means but what worked for me is hearing them gobble deep in the woods. I cut the distance down and listen, call and see if they gobble again. Usually further away so I keep cutting the distance down and eventually get close enough to the gobble sound to plant myself down and do some calling. Had them sneak in on me a few times, you do not always hear them gobbling right to you. I don't have a spot for turkey, I just cut the distance down from where I hear them gobble.

• Like 1

Might be time to read some good books on the subject.

Spring turkey hunting is about calling to a gobbling bird, not waiting to ambush one coming down from the roost or heading for breakfast.

Do you use a call? Ever heard a turkey gobble?

Im not that much of a beginner, yes i use calls, have heard turkeys gobble back to me, called in a turkey for my dad before and he shot it, 8 inch beard. Just seems the last 2 years the turkeys arnt calling back and hitting the same spots as they have been prior years.

Might be time to read some good books on the subject.

Spring turkey hunting is about calling to a gobbling bird, not waiting to ambush one coming down from the roost or heading for breakfast.

Do you use a call? Ever heard a turkey gobble?

it's all about that. They don't always respond back nor interested at times. What than? You need a plan b, c etc. Knowing their travel patterns, dusting sites etc will help you tag a bird. Just saying.

• Like 2