anyone using hearing aids?

JGaruti3

Does anyone hunt with the hearing aids that also block the noise of your shot blast?  I was interested in picking one up for rifle/shotgun but would like to hear some feedback on them.

I saw some cheap ones on Cabelas for $50 bucks and ones that go for up to $600!

If you use one what do you use and how much? 

I am more interested in having something to protect my ears rather than aid my hearing.  I know I could get some regular ear plugs but sometimes when that game is coming by you do not have the chance to move and put them in.

Already met someone who has gone deaf because of hunting and shooting and I just want to protect myself for the future.

I hunt with a handgun and I have found that you need ear protection. My ears use to ring for hours after a shot. Last year I ordered a pair online from Cabelas that was about $35 and they work good (Cladwell E-max low profile muffs). You can adjust the hearing for normal or increase it and it will cut out if there is a loud noice. Try a pair on at your local store and then clap your hands and you will see what I mean.

I use these from Cabelas...

hearing.jpg

They are great for hunting, as they are low profile. You can adjust the volume so that you can hear at a normal level, or have super hearing.

At the range I put in a loose fitting ear plugs for added protection, and turn the volume up...They work great. And I have used them duck hunting, so of course they got wet, but still work. (three seasons now)

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat602007-cat20801&id=0044358228573a&navCount=1&podId=0044358&parentId=cat20801&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=XA&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true