A Random Reminder about Driving in Winter Storms.

Bionic

Just be careful out there in these snow storms please.  The big tandem dumps with wings on the side are tough to see out of the sides at intersections, please be cautious around these trucks.  It’s the trucks responsibility obviously to maneuver safely, but just please be careful, and remind newer drivers you care for as well.  Especially late in the season I am seeing a lot of accidents with these trucks, and they are ugly.  The front plows are face height while in pick up trucks…decapitation(spelling?) is very easy.  
I had a very close call earlier with a tandem,  some guys are just letting their guard down.  I am not trying to be the safety police this week, just pure coincidence, so please bare with me.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I once came over the crest of a steep hill with a fully loaded plow truck and here is a guy standing and waiving his arms in front of his car that was in the middle of the road on its roof. Managed to stop the plow but the guy was nuts !

If your passing a plow ask yourself why your in such a hurry and where are you going that's so important? We've been tandem plowing on a 4 Lane and have cars trying to sneak between the two plows and drive right into the wing.

One time a guy ran into the back of one of the plow trucks and told the officer that" if the plow had been doing the speed limit he wouldn't have hit it.". Yeah they breathalyzed him and took him away.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@Robhuntandfish I cam only imagine all the stories out there.  Had one of our guys in a tandem’s head plow rip through a car’s A pillar a few weeks ago, thank god no passenger in car.  Week before that one of our trucks was winging back a 2 lane rd, and the head plow hangs over the double yellow, basically you run your driver side tires on the double yellow.  A superduty was coming towards him, and never moved over, tore the whole side the pickup off.  When I say “our trucks” its a different department.  I was driving down route 302 state rd, earlier in my F350 mason dump, 9’ V on front, full sander, in 4x4, and a tandem cane off the exit ramp, and rolled through the stop sign to merg into my lane, as we were headed to the same shop.  I was right in that blind spot from the wing up….i had to basically keep turning into the shoulder to avoid the head plow coming into my fender/door area.  I was literally watching the damn plow and steering accordingly to avoid it, I bet within inches of shearing my door mirror off….I was expecting the plow to blast the dump body, and spin me around.  I pulled into the shop lot, spun around, and he got out as white as the snow apologizing a hundred times.  I just want people to be safe!

• Like 1