Turkey Season Across America

Water Rat

Fifty years ago I had the hope of starting spring gobbler season in Florida and hunting my way north as the seasons opened..   Never happened due to family issues, the need to earn a living and other life issues...

However I did manage over a period of time to hunt Georgia, Kentucky, Virginia, PA, NY, Maine, and Ontario Canada..

I killed gobblers in every location except Georgia....

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Fifty years ago I had the hope of starting spring gobbler season in Florida and hunting my way north as the seasons opened..   Never happened due to family issues, the need to earn a living and other life issues...

However I did manage over a period of time to hunt Georgia, Kentucky, Virginia, PA, NY, Maine, and Ontario Canada..

Look at the bright side, you nailed Virginia, but not Georgia. 1 out of two isn't bad with them southern ladies.

I liked reading about your Ontario trips. If you're heading up this year, good luck, I hope you fill your tags.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DirtTime said:

Look at the bright side, you nailed Virginia, but not Georgia. 1 out of two isn't bad with them southern ladies.

I liked reading about your Ontario trips. If you're heading up this year, good luck, I hope you fill your tags.

Thanks, My friend....I have missed two ( was it three  ?) seasons up there due to the covid BS....  I would love to go up this year,  but it depends how many hoops I have to jump through crossing back and forth the border..

When my buddies came down for deer season last year, they had to get tested before crossing the border both ways...On top of that they had to spend a good share of their hunting time going back to the clinic down here and it cost them about $250 each to get tested....If  it is still like that, I'll pass...Too old to put up with that BS.....

• Like 1

To be the “wing man” on a road trip to Georgia to watch Pygmy hunt Turkey (and more!) could fetch a high auction price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

To be the “wing man” on a road trip to Georgia to watch Pygmy hunt Turkey (and more!) could fetch a high auction price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you got da money, I got da time  !!

3 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Thanks, My friend....I have missed two ( was it three  ?) seasons up there due to the covid BS....  I would love to go up this year,  but it depends how many hoops I have to jump through crossing back and forth the border..

When my buddies came down for deer season last year, they had to get tested before crossing the border both ways...On top of that they had to spend a good share of their hunting time going back to the clinic down here and it cost them about $250 each to get tested....If  it is still like that, I'll pass...Too old to put up with that BS.....

Ouch! I thought the tests were supposed to be free, I guess not for our northern brothers and sisters. Like I said, I hope it pans out.