Stack-On Gun Cabinets

All my firearms are locked in a closet but due to lack of space, I have other items laying around in the open (knives, gun cleaning kit, tools, etc.)  That has been okay but now the little one has figured out how to reach everything and tries to chew on them.  I figure if I'm going to have to buy more secure storage space, might as well get a gun cabinet.  There is security in my building so I'm not as worry about theft as simply looking to keep the little boy out.

All the pictures shows rifles without scopes and many people stated that once you have rifles with scopes, the advertised storage space is greatly reduced.  Any one here has or has used one of these before?  Would it stand up to a toddler that acts like he drank a 12 pack of Red Bull?  How many scoped rifles can you fit into the cabinet in ratio to their advertised amount?  For example, I don't want to get a 10 rifle gun cabinet just to find out it'll only hold 5 scoped rifles.

Edited by Elmo

I have the stack-on 12 gun safe and I love it but sizes given are inflated by at least a third. Strong and able to be bolted down to floor or back against wall.

So if all of the rifles wears a scope, you can squeeze 9 in there?  I'm trying to find the right size for my need.

I have this one.

https://www.stack-on.com/categories/security-cabinets-gun-cabinets/products/64

absolutely fits what is stated. There are 4 stand offs that push the barrel out from the side and allow for scopes with clearance. Additional ones are for sale as an option. the smaller shelved left side works great for ammo and knives and pistols. They sell a separate pistol box that bolts right to the top of this cabinet. The back and bottom have holes to anchor it. Might be worth running a few screws though them in to the floor (especially if carpeted because it won't show) to really stabilize it. Mine is anchored to the concrete floor. I actually added peg board to the door on the gun side and and it allows some of my smaller pistols to be hung there.

Stack ons are good. They're defiantly more than strong enough to keep kids out. A thief could get into one but he would have to have tools and a little time. Stack on also makes  cabinets that can mount to  walls. Its good for ammo and accessories.

I have the stack-on 12 gun safe and I love it but sizes given are inflated by at least a third. Strong and able to be bolted down to floor or back against wall.

I have one as well and you are right about cutting into thirds. the other problem I have is that my Browning BPS with a 26" barrel willonly fit in one spot as the barrel is to long and wont fit in the spaces that are under the shelves so keep that in mind in you have any shotguns with a barrel of 26 or longer

I have one as well and you are right about cutting into thirds. the other problem I have is that my Browning BPS with a 26" barrel willonly fit in one spot as the barrel is to long and wont fit in the spaces that are under the shelves so keep that in mind in you have any shotguns with a barrel of 26 or longer

Depends on the style. Mine fits fine

I have the 18 gun Stack On cabinet. Able to put 5 scoped guns on one side, 4 on the other. Room for 8 non scoped guns in the rear. The only complaints I have is they don't include enough  plastic adapter extensions for the high ring scopes. Had to make some out of wood that works just fine. They include several shelves, but can only use one in the top.

I like it. As others said, fasten it  down to something solid.

I have the 18 gun Stack On cabinet. Able to put 5 scoped guns on one side, 4 on the other. Room for 8 non scoped guns in the rear. The only complaints I have is they don't include enough  plastic adapter extensions for the high ring scopes. Had to make some out of wood that works just fine. They include several shelves, but can only use one in the top.

I like it. As others said, fasten it  down to something solid.

You can order those standoffs if you wish.