Need bow suggestions...

blackradio

PSE stinger 3g all the way......right at your price point and not only fast but SUPER SUPER quiet.

I agree with firehunter48. Both my sons bought this bow for there first bow and are still using them. Excellant for the money, yes there are better bows but they cost more.

So, I think now my options are:

Mathews Switchback XT-good bow and I don't want to spend more (than $500) on a newer model Mathews, especially when any newer Mathews in my price range comes bare bow.

Hoyt Alphamax 2009-they have good reviews and they sell loaded on ebay (and archery talk) for about $500.

PSE Brute X 2012-can get it loaded RTS brand new for under $500 and they are getting awesome reviews.

I hope Flying Arrow will have the Brute and maybe the Hoyt to try out.

So, I think now my options are:

Mathews Switchback XT-good bow and I don't want to spend more (than $500) on a newer model Mathews, especially when any newer Mathews in my price range comes bare bow.

Hoyt Alphamax 2009-they have good reviews and they sell loaded on ebay (and archery talk) for about $500.

PSE Brute X 2012-can get it loaded RTS brand new for under $500 and they are getting awesome reviews.

I hope Flying Arrow will have the Brute and maybe the Hoyt to try out.

I think some of us were taking about the PSE Stinger 3G. That's the bow both my sons own. It in Bass Pro Shops August sale paper for $399 and that's for the package. The Brute is $499 for the package. Again my sons 29 and 25 shoot the Stinger, they both can now buy any bow they want, but both like the bow. They are not cheap, but practical for the money for either the stinger or Brute is momey well spent, the money saved can be used for better arrows and a release.

Good luck with your decision and let us know what you picked.

Tons of good bows out there.

WARNING: IF you draw an Elite bow and experience the UNBELIEVABLE draw, valley, and back wall you will own one. They are that good.

For $400 you can probably get a used 2009 or 2010 Elite on Achery Talk.

lot of the dealers are saying the best bang for your buck is the PSE Brute, has no hand shock and zero noise. Plus lots of the high tech features on the bow.. I would go to a PSE dealer and sure test fire a few arrows to see what fits my hand. I just got a top of the line hoyt 2007, like new setup with drop a way rest and 3 pin sight for $290 FROM ARCHERY TALK.COM and am very happy. But I also new what I wanted.

Also make sure its a single cam, Some double cam bows are some what easier to tune but single cams are much better! I have used hoyt in the past but had to have the limbs replaced twice for cracks as well as two of my friends who shot hoyts so I went to a single cam Pearson bow which I used for 11 yrs. Short brace height short bow made for a finiky bow. Hard to tune and all around nightmare. Finally plopped down the money on the PSE bow madness which I think is pretty much the same as an PSE evo now. Its a higher end PSE and will cost ya but I can give most Mathews shooters a run for there money with it.

• 2 weeks later...