Lets see those DIY trail cam lock boxes..

Hey everyone, I finally just purchased my very first trail cam. I got a Moultrie L-30. Nothing crazy, not super pricey, but I still paid for it. I hate thieves, and I have access to scrap steel and a welder. Lets see some of those DIY locking boxes out there. I'd rather make a solid one, than spend another ~$30 or more for a sheet metal one.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

i don't have pics of my moultrie D50 cam lock box but i made it out of an old metal dewalt drill box.Hahaha.

It was just the right size.Just had to add some stick on rubber inside to make it snug.I just cut out for the sensors and everything with i drill bit and tin snips.I put a hasp on top and a u bolt on the bottom to put the chain on.Works great except the camera is a POS.it won't take night pics with flash.tried everything and i can't find find the receipt.

I ended up using an old electrical junction box...I had to made a few cuts in the side for the camera hinges(it hinges open to expose controls), and then I cut the hole in the door for the optic. I then covered the whole thing in Camo Gorilla tape. Works pretty good. I'll have to get a picture posted.

• 3 weeks later...

post-415-0-85043200-1349740305_thumb.jpg

I ended up using an old electrical junction box...I had to made a few cuts in the side for the camera hinges(it hinges open to expose controls), and then I cut the hole in the door for the optic. I then covered the whole thing in Camo Gorilla tape. Works pretty good. I'll have to get a picture posted.