Ladderstand vs. small trees..

Nomad

On a few times I've had no choice but to use an odd shaped or small trunked tree. Like one this year along a smoken hot field.

The trunk is a little small for the "V" in the stand and it moves a little. In the past i've built up and screwed in shims and that was ok. tomorrow i'm going to try some wedges.

I just wonder if anyone has some great way i'm missing. Brace from under,wrap tree with heavy sheet of rubber IDK ?

Thanks.

Lots of ratchet straps. I've been in some stupid skinny trees with ladder stands.

Used makeshift shims once or twice, but always ended up being more work. I once ratched a nearby tree to tighted the stand up on another. The two skinny trees made it work. Granted, that strap was toast after a season, but still.

Thats got me thinking, right now the ratchet strap goes from the sides of the stand and around,if I were to lash from the V close to the tree to the other side on the V as well as the strap in place now that may tighten it up some.

Its not that small of a tree but odd shaped and small.

I'm sure in the wind it'll move some though

thanks

Edited by Larry302

Lots of rope worked ! I had about 25 feet of what most would call "climbing" rope with me,I tied it off went around the tree back through the stand around,under ,over, through,around, pulling tight as i went . Anyway its pretty solid

Edited by Larry302