New smoothbore

Renegade

very nice smoothie, I am wondering where you live Renegade? Upstate seems to be everything from walden to lake george and malone.

I am meeting several friends here today and they are going to be removing all ov my hunting and fishing items since I will be moving into the veterans home due to health issues.

of the many hunting implements I am passing on to them to sell or trade for me are 12 gauge and 20 gauge ( 72 and 62 cal) smoothbores.

I have enjoyed hunting and shooting with them for many years, building my first smokepole in 1952. Enjoy every day with your new smoothie, make all the memories you can is my advice. One day they will keep you warma nd good company when your legs are no longer able to make more.

You are more than welcome to browse my gear, young RJ who is new here will be taking over the sale and trading of my possibles, I'd be glad they went to another hunter of true muzzleloading.

Bill

I joined bill for a coffee and some talk, he pointed out your very nice fusil, it looks much better on bill's laptop than my phone, lol.

On very long shots with roundball i often use my tang screw slot as a rear sight of sorts simply to keep "centered" for long range.

That is an excellent grouping, are you patching or seating on wad? What caliber rb are you throwing? I have a mould made in .595 and a custom in. 592 if you like to try some rb from them. RJ

Bill

First of all I would like to thank you for your service, and I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. I live about 20 minutes east of Rochester in the small town of Marion. I will enjoy this Gun and hopefully I can start on the memories this hunting season. Be well my friend, you are in my prayers.

All the Best

Dan

RJ

I'm using a wad over the powder and Im patching with .017 patches. I'm using .60 and .595 rbs. As of right now I'm having good luck with the .60 bal, but I want to try the .595 with a .018 pillow tick patch. I also want to try just using a wad over the ball to see what kind of group I can get. I enjoy hunting like our forefathers did. Now I just can't seem to go back to the modern guns, it's not any challenge to me.