North Carolina 2022

Bionic

We travel to Georgia quite a bite we usually take 95 down just to get there usually try alternative routes to bypass DC and Baltimore. Richmond has always been smooth sailing except for the big storm in January we're we were stuck backed up for 8 hours till we manuvered our way out. Virginia is smooth sailing watch out for cops alot of them there. North Carolina is great drive. On the way home we take 95 to north of Richmond then take 15 to 29 to 17 to 66 to 81. We just try to bypass cities at rush hour. Now we get off 81 to hit 287 by Philadelphia to 87 outside of mawtah NJ. Hope you enjoy north Carolina.

• Like 1

I'm further West as a starting point, in Monroe County. Did the drive last year down to Duck in the OBX. We drove through DC on the way down and took 81 back up through PA. Google maps had the drive at 11 hours and change if I remember right, but with the wife and 2 kids in the car it took nearly 15 hours. More than I care to do again with the family along for the ride. We're headed down in another week or so (10 days, but who's counting?) and this time I booked layovers near Harrisburg PA both ways. That'll break the drive into more manageable chunks.

8 hours ago, Fletch said:

81S, 476, 95, 1, 113, 13, 168, 158 then again the Chesapeake bridge may cost some bank now!!

Going through, under and over via the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel is worth the price of admission!  Very cool ride through there! 

We did it on a trip to OBX many years ago. 

• Like 1