Venison recipes, anyone want to share some of their creations?

burmjohn

So, who wants to share some of their Venison recipes.  We bought a book, and havn't really had a chance to take advantage of it yet, so I am not sure is or isn't good.  Most of the venison I've made has been simple cutlets, steaks, and sausage.  I'll have to dig out and find what i used to make the last roast.

Venison is a very versatile meat, any recipie that you like with beef will do fine for venison. At this point our supply is running thin because we eat it so frequently but a loin on the grill with a little bbq sauce is great in the summer time. Matter of fact we had that about two weeks ago, the last of the loin that I had saved just for the grill. I also like to cook roasts in any kind of red sauce, sear it first then slow cook the rest of the afternoon till it is fork tender. The best part is any left overs can be made into a stew very simply. Venison Marsala is allways a hit too.

Here is simple one for roast, the round or even trimmings - pulled venison.

Make enough - there will be no leftovers.

Put the meat in a crockpot with a package of onion soup mix and a cup or so of water.

Cook on low several hours or overnite till it falls art easily.

Drain most of the liquid and add a bottle of Dinosaur, Sweet Baby Ray's or your favorite barbaque sause - some jalopeno's

if you fancy. Mix thoroughly and serve on a good roll.