Confession

Kevin

I'm only starting this thread because I need to say I'm sorry. After almost 30 of hunting I lost my first deer. I know probably take some sh*t..... I shot a good doe at about 7:45ish... pass through shot, quartering just a bit to me. Arrow covered is green.... liver! I only had a spars 30 yard blood trail. I waited an hour or so, did the grid, then half circles every 5 then 10, then 15 yards. Nothing...then rain...called deer search waiting for them to get back. Just wanted to get it off my chest... not that it helps.

Been there.....have to say the deer search ppl would have rather you just call them when you saw green on the arrow...and advised backing out for several hours.....I hope they can help you...been there...not a feeling you ever forget....make it a good donation...they really work at it... ;) Best of Luck...Rain's a be-ouch

It sure sucks, but it happens. I hate hunting in the rain, for this reason! Everyone envisions themselves getting a perfect double lung shot and they'll be fine. BUT, when that doesn't go as planned and the deer isn't leaving a good bloodtrail, you kick yourself for taking that risk and hunting in the rain, as it makes trailing much much harder and recovery rates go way down! I know a lot of guys that like to pound their chest, like they are the almighty hunter having the mentality that you "can't kill them on the couch", but you also can't find a lot of them in the rain either! JMHO... Been there, done that, and it sucks!!

Best of luck!

it sucks when it happens....but if you hunt long and hard it will happen

don't hang your head, if you practice shooting and hunt the right way, took a good shot...you got nothing to hang your head about...just bad luck

the guys that piss me off....don't practice ...take bad shots ...and don't look if it don't drop right their

• Like 1