State land near Hirkimer ny

heatmizzer

I'm from the area originally... IT's Herkimer. Regarding your ? Look on a one of the many internet map sources and you may see some state land but I would suggest he ride around the area. Introduce himself as a avid hunter going to HCCC looking for permission for just him to bow hunt. He may find a farmer willing to let him hunt.

Go to google maps and find Herkimer. There are a few State Forests within a 3--40 min ride.

Edited by nybuckboy

Exeter state forest is due south of herkimer right near richfield springs. Lots of rolling hills and ag land in that area, probably a good spot.... might check it out myself lol

Yes Exeter has a few state forests around it. Actually it's on RT 51 south of West Winfield. Take 28 south to Rt 20 west to Rt 51 south.

Edited by nybuckboy

Yes Exeter has a few state forests around it. Actually it's on RT 51 south of West Winfield. Take 28 south to Rt 20 west to Rt 51 south.

And be sure to make a left onto County Route 23 from 51 to get to the state lands.

Talked with him last night. he told me he found two places one on the state land and another on a farm near Herkimer. The farmer told him he can park in the driveway and hunt. He is not use to hunting this type of gullys. he was dog tired from hiking them all day. he plans to go out tonight and sit in a spot where he saw lots of sign.