How do you wear....

growalot

your safety harness or vest?...I ask because of another thread..where it was mentioned it makes it hard to get things from front pockets if your hanging

I wear layers...so I put on my first layers and then step into the harness cinch everything snug..

Now being serious here especially for the woman hunters...when cinch the chest /mid strap I take a lesson from my riding years...when putting on the horse saddle make them inhale as you tighten the straps so the saddle won't slide...well I always stand as straight as possible and inhale as I tighten...in a fall some serious damage can occur if a woman doesn't do that...

I then flip the tether strap forward and put on my outer clothes...then flip the tether strap back over my shoulder...now I have free access to all pockets...no buckles to catch or clank on things and still able to reach in and get the stirrup strap if need..

What do you guys/gals do?

I do everything almost exactly as you do except i will put it on the last layer before my outermost layer. Well i say that but sometimes if its warm out and theres a chance that i will never put on my jacket that i carry strapped to my pack for the walk in, then i will put it under the outer layer that im walking in with.. At any rate, it is always on underneath my outer clothing. Much more comfortable this way and no restrictions to your pockets. Also never any fear of noisy buckles clanging against something at the wrong time. I use a Hunters Safety Systems Ultra Light Harness.. Love it.

I put my harness in my backpack and secure it to the stand. I put my harness on at the tree. I put everything that I don't need up in the tree into the backpack and ditch it near the base of the tree. Whatever goes up the tree with me goes in my waist pack

I bring the entire pack up the tree and hang on a hook. I wear my vest under my camo coveralls.

my harness under my jacket.The strap comes out the back.I never ear a hood.Cant stand hoods.The strap is straped around tree so that when i sit it has tension on it.It isn't acting as a lanyard.It is a fall restraint.I wont fall fall enough that m butt will be past the stands platform even if it were to stretch like it was supposed to when impacted.Then again.I wouldn't have enough momentum to have the lanyard part stretch.This is where i think many people make the mistake.Then they fall below their stand and are hanging.