Can't figure the shot out.

First-light

Last weekend my brother has a real nice buck at 33 yards broadside. His shot he tells me hit forward at the base of the neck and shoulder slightly high. He says he saw the deer run with the arrow and had good penetration. He had a go pro vid camera on his head and after reviewing the film, 2 people think they see the arrow hit- I can't make it out. His head moves so the video is a bit blurry. Point of impact there is some brown/gray hair no blood. Deer spun around and hit a field and his tracks are clearly visible, no blood. At the point he enters the woods 20 yards from impact there is more hair, actually more than at the impact zone. We look for this deer a combined 11 hours. I follow his tracks as far as I could see, no blood. We go back to impact zone and look for arrow, no arrow. I know anything is possible but could the area he hit the deer just be muscle and fat. The arrow does not go through and the one side is sort of plugged???? This one has me stumped. Base of neck/shoulder area a bit high. What do you think? The only plus from this is I found a nice 8pt shed.

I had the same shot happen last year only at 25 yards. Never found the arrow, never found blood, tracked by footprints for a ways. The only thing I could figure was that the arrow went through and stuck into the inside of the offside shoulder bone and the hole clogged with fat. We noticed the deer's track from its front right hoof was odd, like he couldnt move it right and was partially dragging the hoof as he stepped.

It got figured out today at 11:15. The buck is a great big 8pt weighing in at 175lbs. Shot by my neighbors cousin about 150 yards right in front of my cabin. The arrow went into the neck and did not exit. It cut up the neck a bit but did not hit anything to slow him down. 1 week went buy since he was shot at bow season, he was out checking scrapes this morning and down he went! That is my poor brother in the picture, had to help him off the ground when we saw it was the deer he hit a week ago!

post-156-0-03807500-1353375445_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-72137600-1353375446_thumb.jpg