ATV Spreader / Seeders suggestions?

No real need for a spreader. Me and my father spread out 3000lbs of pelletized lime using my quad with a tow behind trailer and couple shovels, got all done in about an hour or so. Would have gone much slower with those small ATV spreaders. With spreading small seeds like brassicas and clover, you want to use a hand held spreader. Can walk a 1/2 acre and spread Brassica or clover seeds in 15 minutes or less with a hand held spreader.

Can buy a tow behind trailer at your local TSC, home depot, lowes for about $50-$75, I have used my trailer for the last 10 + years from hauling equipment, hauling bunch of kids...haha..., hauling fire wood, hauling lime etc.... The tow behind spreaders would take forever if you need to spread couple or more thousand lbs of lime and the spreaders are useless when it comes to brassicas and clover seeds being they are so tiny and besides you will probably loose alot of seeds with those large spreaders. Much more easier to control and see your broadcast from a handheld spreader. The only time I think the spreader would come in handy is for spreading your fertilizer, but even that I do by casting with my hand.

we have a john deer tow behind for the lawnmower and it has a pin anchor for hitch attachment so i put the pin in the hitch on my quad and works great..

the john deere was about $100 bucks and it is also tiltable which is good if your working or dumping wood  or dirt/ sand in a hurry...

• 3 weeks later...

My first ATV spreader. I paid $80.00. lasted about 2 months. Here is what I bought now. http://www.wikco.com/800.html

I bought this on eBay. Paid $125.00. Would cost new about $949.00.

This will hold around 400lbs. Seems to be very good made. This was also made in the good old USA.

What ever you do do not cheapie out on your implements. Buy the best you can afford.

The last picture you see is one month after planting.

landowner

Check out my pictures of me foodplots.

post-336-131455295647_thumb.jpg

post-336-131455295661_thumb.jpg