Cutting the corn, finally!

chiefbkt

Well my neighbor who plants corn on my property finally decided that he is going to cut the 30 acre cornfield. He made 2 passes around the field today before a chain broke on the corn chute. Talked to him and he said he would finish tomorrow. Needless to say, I'm heading over there in a few minutes to hunt. Hope one of the big boys get hungry and decide to step out before dark. And truth be told, I'll smoke a doe if she walks out too. Hahaha, I love venison!

• Like 1

They just cut the few hundred acres of it around me. We set up on the cutting.The monster i've been hunting was within 40 yards of the combine 2x's and several young bucks and a couple decent ones were pushed out as well,none close enough to shoot...

It'll be awile till they step out in the cut fields in day light though...

They also plow it under soon after cutting where I hunt, I prefer it up, high up in a hedgerow between two corn fields awesome ! 16 inch deep furrows of muddy fields not so much .

Edited by Larry302

Had 3 does and a button buck come out at 100 yards. Waited until the very end to see if big poppy would show up but nothing. Big doe never gave me a good shot. Always had a stalk of corn between us or she was quartering to me. Below is a picture of my set up.

post-1506-13538006272353_thumb.jpg

cant wait for my buddy to cut the corn around my house. he just got a new combine, sucker cuts 18 rows in one pass... i believe its as big as you can get, its an IH. but anyway ive had my point of ambush picked out since he planted the fields and its going to be good because its the last corn standing for a few miles and i know the deer are in there.

They cut the corn near me saturday.I didn't know they were going to.I set up far away from it and ended up building a blind around 11 till noon.WHEN THEY WERE CUTTING.So i kinda got skunked without knowing.I hope they don't plow it under soon.

I heard all kinds of shots that way too that morning.GRRR.