Monster Wayne County Buck 15 Pt

HectorBuckBuster

Cabin fever,

Sorry to hear about this, it happens, sucks but happens. as you've said, sounds like you weren't the only chasing him. Now that the cats out if the bag and others are coming forward with pics, sightings, etc it would be interesting to hear this info...... How far he traveled etc.

consider yourself VERY LUCKY to have info on a deer of this caliber....... Especially in NYS. I'm sure you've leaned a lot from him and are a better hunter as a result.

As far as the "deer drive" comments. I participate in a lot of deer drives in the ADKs and 9P. They have their time and place. But I truly don't think a deer of this caliber deserved to be taken down by winging lead....... But that's just my 2 cents.

Regards,

Dave

Unfortunately, now that the picture and story is out, that area will take a lot of heat for the next few years. There may or may not be another one like that one around, but that won't stop the new reputation of the area for being a "big-buck area".