Monster Wayne County Buck 15 Pt

HectorBuckBuster

Nothing special about Wayne County, some farm land and the deer in those areas have the nutrients to grow bone. Other areas have poor soil and almost no agr crops in the vicinity. Those deer basically survive on browse and their bodies & racks show it. Also, N. Wayne Co. has lots of apple orchards which draw the deer, but have no effect on growing bone. Probably not unlike any other county in NYS. Just guessing, but I'll bet Wayne County isn't in the top 10 Big Buck or record book bucks of all NYS counties. So, stay where you currently hunt, don't move - these bucks are outstanding bucks, but not a typical representation of all bucks in Wayne Co. Just a good year, a lot of luck and maybe a little tresspassing thrown in.

Here is another huge wayne county deer too... Man I'd love to hunt a weekend up there :)

http://www.facebook....elevant_count=1

I just spoke to my neighbor. The guy in the pic and the guy who is reported to have shot it (Mike Kaplan), isn't correct. This is the second pic that I've seen, with 2 different guys with the buck. The guy that killed the buck is actually from Penfield and was in the area hunting with a gang that was making drives. The buck was killed on a drive...

I just spoke to my neighbor. The guy in the pic and the guy who is reported to have shot it (Mike Kaplan), isn't correct. This is the second pic that I've seen, with 2 different guys with the buck. The guy that killed the buck is actually from Penfield and was in the area hunting with a gang that was making drives. The buck was killed on a drive...

Its how those lucky half a$$ hunters get a chance to get one of those types of deer.One more reason i hate gun season.

Where they trespassing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

No. They were hunting the guys property that organizes the gang. I guess it ran out of the drive, one guy shot it and broke its front leg, then it ran to another guy, who killed it.

After talking to the neighbor, I learned how many of us in the area had trailcam pics of him, but kept it to ourselves of course B) . This buck covered some serious ground!

Its how those lucky half a$$ hunters get a chance to get one of those types of deer.One more reason i hate gun season.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I was so sick about it being killed. Such an awesome buck, shot on a "drive"! Skill? Woodsmanship? I've been hunting (bow, gun, & ML) hard for this guy for 3 years, have several trailcam pics of him over the years, and watched him mature. God knows, I've lost a LOT of sleep over him too. :) After talking to the neighbor, several of us were sick when we got word that he had been killed, as he motivated all of us to get out of bed in the mornings to hunt.

That outta make for an interesting magazine article or story to tell the guys, huh? "Came busting out of the drive and I shot him..."

Congrats to the lucky hunter that got him though. That's a buck of a lifetime!

Some of the most skilled hunters I know get together at the end of season and kill monster bucks off of drives. In order to be successful on a routine basis you need to have intimate knowledge of the woods and deer patterns. Just because its a drive it doesn't always mean it is a bunch of half ass hunters doing it. But I agree it seems some of the biggest deer are killed by accident on pushes.

• Like 1