something to do

Well, i've tagged out until late season(have an anterless only tag) so i started working on some equipment that needs repair from late plantings... corn planter needs an overhaul,including some cast iron brazing/welding. And a 3 bottom plow needs the pins changed from cat 2 to cat 1(field find for price of scrap) guess its never to early to start on this stuff and get a jump on spring. Not to mention some pruning of apples (not much of a mast crop and deer are really looking for food)though i might wait till after christmas for that.

Nice find. Most of this iron is going across the scales. People don't know the value of this older farm equipment, but their loss. The tempered iron of this old equipment is far better than new. My Allis corn planter, from the 50's, is going to be narrowed to 28" rows from 36". Been soaking the parts in pen oil for months in hopes of freedom. I picked up a Ford 1948 8n for parts, but decided to overhaul the motor and restore it, since the rest of the tractor was in nice shape. Got it running, but smoked and had low oil pressure. Always looking for project to pass the winter months.

yeah my corn planter has been rebuilt 2x already since i owned 95' its jd 2 row from 1948. works but chains are getting wore, and opener s are wore down bad. cracked the holder for the seed bucket this year, either braze or weld it to fix.. tractors are in good shape thankfully, and i need to fix a cracked disk on my harrow..

It's good to plan ahead and get some work done early.

I don't own a quad, so getting equipment back to where the plots are has been a pain and chews time, alot of time. I have been working on the old/main logging trail a bit here and there, enough so I can use the Jeep & a small utility trailer. It's been all hand work for now & still is to a point. Wheel barrel helps out. Some dirt, gravel, rocks, first I have to get it there, a few buckets / bags at a time. Once the trail is usable by Jeep I'll be in a position to double the work effort & save hours upon hours.