Troutfishing

Dom

Weighted nypmhs work well year round...Dead drift them along the bottom using a small float or strike indicator. Think SLOW..Fish deliberatly and patiently. The fish aren't very active in such cold water. They will feed, but you need to drift the bait or lure right in front of their nose.

Strikes will be light and subtle..If your float or strike indicator stops, or even pauses, raise your rod to set the hook...

Black, green, brown bead head wolly buggers tied with a little flashaboo in the tail works great right now. Sinking or floating line. Just tie a longer leader if you use floating in a deep stream. Ive got 4 browns over 20 inches out of the no kill area on the Genny during the winter using these.

Acme kastmasters also work good for me, regardless of temps. Generally use 1/8 oz. The blue/silver and rainbow trout colors have seemed to be the best. I see you're from dutchess, are you fishing the wappingers creek?

Brian

Yes that is where I will be fishing,just south of the dam my brother lives on the creek.We always have good luck trough out the sping and fall never fished it in the winter.

Yes that is where I will be fishing,just south of the dam my brother lives on the creek.We always have good luck trough out the sping and fall never fished it in the winter.

They were hitting good for me a few weeks ago, including about an 18" brown and a 15" bow. Havent hooked up with anything since then.

• 1 month later...