Turkey Trail Cams

Five Seasons

You can pattern them a lot easier in the fall with trail cameras, that's how we turkey hunt in the fall. If you have a bunch of turkeys in one area right now, they usually leave come march and spread out but there's always a flock that stays. If I were you I would keep them up, you never know, and you're not gonna get anything bad out of it by leaving it out, except battery money lol.

It will help, find roost areas, strutting areas, travel areas, 2 ft is a good height. You canget some amazing strutting photos..

You sure can....this is from a transition area from a field through a stone wall to small secluded field with grass that I keep cut. They like the small hidden area of new grass growth.

post-835-0-81549000-1357068858_thumb.jpg

Another thing cams can help you with is after finding a roost area (by listining in the am more than likely), a cam set in either direction will let you know which way the birds like to travel after flying down. this will come in helpful as when setting up on a bird on the roost if you set up on the side he wants to go anyway it helps you get that bird much easier and you won't be the guy/gal saying well it gobbled on the roost like crazy flew down and headed the other direction!!

trail cam worked perfect for me last year, i put it up just before april and watched it each week for the month and found a perfect spot they like to come across the main truck trail into this new field so i setup blind under a tree in the corner of that field and called 3 big toms in to my decoys on may 1st, took the biggest home with me he was pushing 25lbs. 24.6 to be exact. deff be putting my cam back up in next couple months