Saiga ak conversion?

Anyone ever work with the Russian AK platform Saiga. I love AK's and due to the rush on the ban on these types of rifle's I want to buy 1 more to have. I saw this weapon at Herbs for about 500 dollars I was going to buy it but then I figured I would try and get some reveiws.

I like the fact that the conversion would mean me making changes to it as I please so I can build it as I would like too.

Any one ever use this weapon?

I bought one at Herbs , in Liverpool, last year and I love it. In fact I was in there today and they have one left. The guy at the gun Dept. said that once they sell that one, he has no idea when they will get more in. (because of the demand)

Mine is in .223. I have about 400 rounds through it with zero problems. I added a Tapco stock and forearm. Within the month I plan on putting an Aim Point on it. If you can even find one grab it.

I went in today looking for a Hi point .45 carbine, which Herbs had plenty of, a month or so ago. The guy told me "good luck"

Hi point's are pretty nice. A lot of people say not but I have the older style 9mm and ive never had a problem with it.

I called Hi-Point to get a few upgrades and they did it for free it was sweet.

Hey Ants do you have any mags that are 30rd. Were did you get you mags from?

They have the 223. but I wanted the bigger round! I'm going to pick it up tomorrow if I can make my choice.

Hi point's are pretty nice. A lot of people say not but I have the older style 9mm and ive never had a problem with it.

I called Hi-Point to get a few upgrades and they did it for free it was sweet.

Hey Ants do you have any mags that are 30rd. Were did you get you mags from?

They have the 223. but I wanted the bigger round! I'm going to pick it up tomorrow if I can make my choice.

I just have a bunch of 10 round mags. I don't think you can even have (legally) any mags bigger than 10 rounds.

That one Saiga Herbs had left was a 7.62x39

Hey Ants were did you order your mags. They had nothing on the self what so ever for magazines im going to have to order a few.

I got my mags at Tim's guns in Elbridge.( about 20min. west of Syracuse) They had tons of Saiga mags right on the shelf, but that was a while ago. I think they do business on line. Just google "Tim's guns Elbridge NY"

As long as they are pre-ban you are good. Oh, and you dont live in NYC.

Is it the mags being pre-ban or the rifle itself?? Pre-ban AK mags will fit in a Saiga but the rifle will not feed the rounds. I guess they did that on purpose.

Is it the mags being pre-ban or the rifle itself?? Pre-ban AK mags will fit in a Saiga but the rifle will not feed the rounds. I guess they did that on purpose.

I've been doing a lot of looking into it and from what I've read all you need to do is install a bullet guide an it will work fine. I hope thats true because im going to be bringing mine to a local gunsmith to have it done. I'll let you know hw it works out.

I've been doing a lot of looking into it and from what I've read all you need to do is install a bullet guide an it will work fine. I hope thats true because im going to be bringing mine to a local gunsmith to have it done. I'll let you know hw it works out.

YES....Let me know