Rainy & Foggy, Sunday afternoon project

So as some of you know, after shooting the biggest deer of my life this past opening weekend, I dropped my unloaded Remington 710 out of my treestand cracking the synthetic stock just behind the safety. I ordered a replacement stock in black from Remington for under $100 as a Christmas present for myself.

Today I camouflaged it.

Before....

post-1257-13581046994541_thumb.jpg

After...

post-1257-13581047276981_thumb.jpg

post-1257-13581047449236_thumb.jpg

No more ugly stock. :)

- Jordan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. Saved about $40 by ordering it in black and doing it myself. The base was black. I laid it on a garbage bag on its side and covered it with leaves. I had Rust-o-leum camo spray cans from my last project. Sprayed it with khaki spray. Let it dry 10 minutes. Added sticks and sprayed it with the olive color and let it dry. Added evergreen branches and sprayed it with brown and let dry. Took off all the leaves etc and flipped it over. Did the same thing on other side. There was no particular pattern. I just randomly placed the leaves and sticks on it. I'm quite pleased. I just hope I don't drop it next deer season. ;)

Edited by Deerthug

• 1 month later...