"Assault weapon" explanation

The link below is a good primer on the fallacy of "assault rifles". I have been sending this to my non-gun owner friends to educate them on the nonsense of designating guns assault rifles. It also provides the political history of the invented term.

Www.assaultweapon.info

A great read for anyone who is trying to explain the true nature of so-called "assault weapons" to those that think they are weapons of war, or machine guns, or that they are in any way more lethal than any semi-automatic sporting weapon.

Ive been trying to explain that very fact to a few people that are agreeing with the new laws. They just cant seem to digest it, or maybe they just wont for fear of admitting that they are wrong.

Yup! I still get that, "Well, what does anybody need with one of those weapons of war, anyways". It's frustrating. But what the heck, I even got that kind of response from some of our own members when I brought up that very points several times on other threads. Some of that is just ignorance, or a total lack of guns and how they work. With others, I think it is just the blind following of the leaders of their particular political idealogy. Sometimes politics can make people act like they don't understand.