Good idea?

is this a good idea? im looking to try to film a turkey hunt... im not sure if you can understand the drawing but what you should see is a front view of a cellphone case mounted on a steel strip that has a hole drilled in it that you could take the end cap off the shotgun mag and slide the strip on and screw the cap back on and use it to film....

post-2634-0-79662100-1359053020_thumb.jp

Edited by josephmrtn

im not sure but they sure seem tough! even the case is waterproof... it does have a tube mount... ive seen vids of them being used to film pretty tough stuff... its brand new so the warrant should cover any damage, if they are as good as ive heard tho i would think they are pretty shockproof...

http://gopro.com/

theres a video of go pros falling from 80,000 ft plus and surviving filming the whole time.. i have dropped a few on track while racing.. i have went as far as hitting it off a golf tee to test its durability.. bottom line, they are pretty damn durable

If that is for an iPhone mounted to a 12ga I'd be worried about shock absorption from the blast. May damage the phone. You may be better off having a camcorder on a tripod sitting next to you facing the area of where you think Mr Tom may be coming into. I have two set up one facing me to get my expression and another facing the field. Then I just splice the two together using Windows Moviemaker.

yeah windows movie maker ive used before.... what about a GoPro (they also have hat mounts)? or is a camcorder a better idea... remember i do often hunt alone... unless i have my bro video it!!! LOL im thinking he wouldnt like getting out of bed at 4 am to do chores before going hunting tho....

I dont know about Gopro. I like the fact that a camcorder has a view finder which you can see. The Gopro doesn't. I use a JVC Everio standard camcorder, Toshiba S20 HD camcorder both on tripods. I also use the Looxcie wearable bluetooth camcorder which I control with my iphone in the field. The site is www.looxcie.com. It shoots in 320 and 480p. Its not HD although they just came out with an HD version but the cost does not justify my getting one since I make the videos for myself as a journal. As far as hunting alone, I do too from a blind so any movement I make toward the cameras is concealed. Or you can get one with a remote.

It'd be a bummer if some goof ball new friend of yours called just when you were getting ready to drop the hammer on Mr. Big. <grin>

If its an iPhone you can set it on DND (Do Not Disturb) when using it to film. I do that when I use my iPhone bow mount during bow season.

• 4 weeks later...

LOL yeah it was just an idea

LIGHTBULB!!!!!!!

I could borrow my uncles GoPro camera!!!!

orrrrrr.... was watching kipkay tv (my oldest sons favorite show) and he took apart an old camcorder, mounted the actual lens camera part onto something else, a hat i think, extended the wires, put the rest of the camera in his pocket. maybe????

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

snapback.pngLawdwaz, on 24 January 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

It'd be a bummer if some goof ball new friend of yours called just when you were getting ready to drop the hammer on Mr. Big. <grin>

If its an iPhone you can set it on DND (Do Not Disturb) when using it to film. I do that when I use my iPhone bow mount during bow season.

One year I went out 4:30 a.m....took the cell and had it on vibrate....8a.m rolls around and the Tom I'd been working finally shows up..Just barely visible 5ft away coming around the back of the blind......buzzzzbuzzzzz....he heard the phone looked my way ducked and ran...

I answer and it's MR B...."get any thing yet?" NO!...and he didn't get any dinner that night either