Ammo shortage

I was in gander mountain in plattsburgh on Tuesday to buy a m&p40 and their shelves weren't as bare as I thought they were going to be. No .223 very small supply of .22lr but seemed to have quite a bit of everything else. They were mostly sold out of whatever was cheapest in each caliber but nothing like the local gun shop that a month ago about 100 pistols in stock and now only have about 10 and very low stock on ammo. I am acctually kicking myself for only buying 100 rounds of 40 s&w

Edited by noahmstone

I was in Gander this morning. One of the gun guys told me that a few days ago they got some ammo in (didn't think to ask what cal.) but as soon as the doors opened a guy came in and bought $6000 worth of it. I asked why the hell Gander would let one guy buy some much, given the current ammo situation, and he just shrugged his shoulders. ( He agree'd it was wrong but out of his hands)

I have no problem with people stocking up, that thats just plain B.S.

Saw similar happen at Davis Sports, someone bought a whole dolly worth of shotgun ammo. Should last them quite some time.

Just back from Cabelas out in Harrisburg, PA; same as the Dicks in Nyack, NY; shelves bare except for those odd calibers. Asked one worker when the next shipment is due, he shrugged his shoulders & said he didn't know. Went upstairs for lunch then shopped around some more & asked a different worker. He said they get shipments every day & put it all out on the shelves. I was there at 10am this morning & the shelves were already bare.

I was lucky enough to get the last 5rnd mag for my M&P 15 though. (Ha! got nothing to put in it though).

I see everything available online. Also, the stored near me like dicks have lots of ammo on shelves

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Where do you live exactly? and what calibers dose the Dick's near you have? Is it 5.56, .223, .22, 7.62x39?? If it is grab some. All of the on line places I have checked offer ammo, but if you look closely somewhere in the ad it will say "Back ordered"

Where do you live exactly? and what calibers dose the Dick's near you have? Is it 5.56, .223, .22, 7.62x39?? If it is grab some. All of the on line places I have checked offer ammo, but if you look closely somewhere in the ad it will say "Back ordered"

Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess.

Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess.

Im upstate, Onondaga Co. There is almost nothing here, other than shot shells and hunting rounds. 30-30, 30-06, 270. and those are thinning out. Forget about the rounds I mentioned earlier.