Syracuse.com - Cicero hunter's 12-point buck shot with a pistol

"This is the third buck of mine to make the New York Big Buck Club that I have shot in the last 6 years," he said.

blank.gif Submitted photo Bruce McKee, Cicero, poses with an impressive, 12-point buck he shot Nov. 20 in Onondaga County.

He wrote: "Hi Dave , just thought I would share another record book buck I got that was taking in Onondaga County and to let your readers know you don't have to go out of state and pay big bucks to shot big bucks.

This is the third buck of mine to make the New York Big Buck Club that I have shot in the last 6 years.

This one was shot with a pistol, a T/C 270 caliber, at 105 yards.

View the full article on The Syracuse Outdoors Blog

Hey Ants, do you hunt "the swamp"?

Private land right near, but not bordering, the swamp. I saw the biggest buck of my life, walk across Island RD. From posted land onto the public Cicero swamp area. It was about 4 years ago, during muzzle loading season. This thing was a monster, huge rack, huge body....the whole 9. I have a friend that lives on Taft Rd. and has 25 acres that boarder the swamp. He has 2 monsters on the wall (both tens) that he took back there over the past 7 or so years. I have seen unbelievable bucks back there but haven't been able to connect .......YET. There are bruisers in that area.

I was wondering how it was to hunt the "swamp".I was afraid it was too wet to get in there from arial photo.That is concidered SZ I believe? That's about 20 min below the cabin.

Yes Single, SZ, and it's in Onondaga County, shotgun county.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Single, SZ, and it's in Onondaga County, shotgun county.

...and ML for late season.That's what I'm looking for ,for a DMP since I have 2 points (NR). Although I could be wrong...at this point of a saturday night and partaking of a wee bit of Crown Royal Maple...... :)

Just looking for a SZ that's close (somewhat) to the cabin so I don't have to travel too far and still get a good day hunting in,in the late season.

EDIT: I believe that is 7F

Edited by Single_shot