A nice little surprise..

growalot

It was very close to dark and we were sitting in the PC room chatting last night when the boys started barking......I look out at the trail plot and there were a group of deer milling around ..grab binoculars to get a better look at a lrg bodied deer....It was the 6 pt that followed me around all last hunting season...still had both sides on....there was another big deer out there that took off through the woods as he approached...I think an older buck that had lost his rack...didn't feel like getting into it with a racked buddy...Well well...this explains the fresh rubs I've been seeing...First time I've seen a racked buck here after DEC...Cool!!

Very common all over WNY to still have horns this time of year. Did you see where I mentioned that I saw three fully racked bucks last week off I-990?

I know plenty have already lost 'em but many others are still sporting the "gear".

The 990 has some nice ones ,there is a big boy that walks around next to the 290 by the williams st exit and another big guy at the beginning of the 219 ,all still with full head gear.

Ya Law...I know but We /I never see that here...Usually right after season the buck do what they normally do and move off our place...Not this year...which could have something to do with loosing all the open old hay fields to corn....I may actually get these boys to take up residence on our place now...who knows?

This young guy is darn near a pet now...lol he seemed to follow me from stand to stand all season...it was very nice seeing he made it...gives me hope that the out of state guys and a particular neighbor are starting to let them walk...lets just hope

The brown down takes out a lot of fawn buck and all of us are older hunters..but not that old..... all with more than enough time to hunt..even the out of state guys.