Hollywood to be expemt from NY gun law

In typical liberal elitest fashion, Cuomo is proposing a modification to the NY SAFE act to allow film crews to use otherwise banned weapons for shooting their movies in NY. So its OK for Hollywood to portray and glorify these evil "assault weapons" killing people, but the ordinary residents whom 99.9% never use their weapons for violence (nor would ever even think about shooting someone other than self defense) are still not allowed to own them. This country has completely lost its way and things are so backwards it's unbelievable.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/02/27/cuomo-announces-plans-to-modify-gun-control-law-to-exempt-film-industry-cops/

I was interviewed by our local paper as I was boarding the bus to Albany yesterday and unfortunately I was misquoted...What I said was "Cuomo pushed this law through to curb gun violence, but now is making changes to allow Hollywood to film movies and tv shows that depict and promote gun violence, it's ridiculous."

In an interesting turn of events, the bus trip and rally fell the day after Mr. Cuomo told reporters that lawmakers will consider amending the act to add an exception for movie and television productions.

It’s not yet clear whether amendments for the entertainment industry would apply to “phony,” or prop, guns or whether any changes will even be made.

Residents waiting for the bus found a high degree of irony in the governor’s comments.

“He did this whole thing to prevent gun violence and now he’s out there promoting it,” said Timothy H. Fralick.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20130301/NEWS03/702289807