LOL what a bloody idiot

Geno C

Well i decided to take the gamble this morning for opening day on the island. Needless to say it was un godly windy out this morning. i slipped into my stand at 5:20am and had alittle over an hour before first light. With it still very windy the sun started to come up as planned and it looked like the start to one of those morning we all think about heading into our stand. it looked perfect... until around 8:30, started to feel some drops and then all of a sudden the sun was out, started to feel drops again and then the sun came out. We'll then around 9:15ish the down pour came, i stuck it out until 10:30 but soaked to the bone and not seeing deer one i decided to pull out. i did see about 12 turks on the way out. If the dear movemt was decent or if i even saw a deer during that time period i would not have given it a second thought i would grin and beared it and stuck it out the day.

well weather looks crapy ALL day, going in tomorrow with some renewed hope and i am feeling good about tomorrow! I have some incentive to bare the elements and keep me wanting to go back this stand if you know what i mean LOL, cough cough...

goodluck fellas!

I'm going tomarrow with the same hopes. I think the deer pretty much bed during these downpours waiting for it to let up to venture out to eat. I know up here in my neck o the woods it's DOWN POURED for the second day straight not letting up once. It looks like by tomarrow we're out of it so we'll see, good luck!

with this front thats past us now, clear skys with a bit cooler temps, i dont see why these deer should not be on there feet... i wont make the morning hunt but i will shoot in around 1pm for an afternoon evening hunt... hope were into em tomorrow.

crap!

i went in for a evening hunt, got setup in the stand at 2:00pm, nice cold front came through figured after all this rain and a nice cold front we would have some deer up on there feet. NOTHING.....

going to get back in the saddle tomorrow, im thinking another evening hunt. The wife wants to buy a new couch so i have to please her lol. come 2pm again its on.

o BTW john i put the new trail cam out! going to leave it for a week and check it next weeknd. i hope i can get a nice one poked tomorrow night but at this point i will be happy to see some good deer movement.  :)

Geno

How has it been out there I know we had bad weather but I was wondering if it was croweded or any problems. Friday was a horrible I was suprised you were out I had to drive to Mass. and it was hard rain all the way. Good luck please send me some of those pics when you get them.

Mario

hey mario, yeah im diehard so rain dont bother me... on the flip side yes it was crowded along with 4 guys on ATV's tearing up the trails less then 200 yards from me. Twise to be exact,i thought Bob held off of the ATV club second week in sept? in any event those guys should be prohibited to enter that land during hunting season and i was not the only one who felt like that. Other then that it was good, just graveyard dead with the deer movment but whats to be expected when the season opens up and the woods go from no people to 20 guys in there in a matter of days. hopefully it cools down over there but im looking forward to this season none the less...

yeah they get out of control, i was going to get down from my stand when i heard them and tell them the get the f**k out of here, but then again i didnt wnat to totally ruin my hunt...

i told a guy with his 2 little boys on dirst bike they were not aloowed to be on the property due to hunting season and also private proprty, they failed to listen and went in after i got out of eye shot. i dont know about you but if i was told it was hunting season i would not have my little kids go in the woods with hunters and weapons.