saratoga county not one gobble yet ? ? ? ?

older042

have been at it hard so far but have not heard a peep. I know there are birds in the area but have had zero luck and zero response what am I doing wrong? Why are the turkey so quite this year. I don't know what to do next ? 

Try sleeping in and head out a little later. Give the hens time to be bred . the toms will want more hens. Don't get too uptight about no gobbling, if you know birds are in the area then they are there. A few years ago I took 2 nice toms and my hunting partner took a third. We also screwed up on a couple and passed on some Jakes. .....We never heard a single gobble that whole season!!!! They all came in quiet.

Try sleeping in and head out a little later. Give the hens time to be bred . the toms will want more hens. Don't get too uptight about no gobbling, if you know birds are in the area then they are there. A few years ago I took 2 nice toms and my hunting partner took a third. We also screwed up on a couple and passed on some Jakes. .....We never heard a single gobble that whole season!!!! They all came in quiet.

Good point ants !

Most birds have been super quiet or hened up around here. That's between 6k & 7m. I saw a bunch of activity & strutting pre season but it was like a switch after the opener. I also remember recent past openers when there was frost. Looking forward to some cooler cloudy weather - this bit of heat wave feels like the end of May already.

We were covered in birds and deer this morning. One tow, 4 jakes 4 hens and a ton of gobbling. The worked in the field we were watching from 5:50am-9:55am. Birds were all hen'd up. This was in Saratoga County.