Pretty awesome morning

Witty

Met up with a buddy @4:20AM at a new property we have permission for. We had set up a few spots to sit the night before. It's a 12 acre hidden field with hard woods around two sides and two decent hedge rows around it. At 4:50 gobblers sound off 60 yards to my left. Shortly after that Toms go off all along the yards woods. It was at least 5 birds sounding off. Shortly after a hen flys out of a tree 5 feet from me and I about jumped out of my boots. After the fog cleared there were 3 jakes one long beard 3 hens and 4 deer in this field. My buddy had set up decoys and the long beard was working to him (I'm about 200 yards away watching through my binocs) some of the jakes were chasing the deer around. It was pretty funny, I've never seen that before. Anyway the Tom is in full strut working to my buddies set up, he gets to 60 yards and every animal in the field heads for the woods. We don't know what spooked them but instead of being done at 610 we watched 3-4 jakes strut around a single hen until 930. There was gobbling all over the hard woods but nothing wanted to play. It was a fun morning.

Edited by Witty

Met up with a buddy @4:20AM at a new property we have permission for. We had set up a few spots to sit the night before. It's a 12 acre hidden field with hard woods around two sides and two decent hedge rows around it. At 4:50 gobblers sound off 60 yards to my left

And?

Haha sorry my fat fingers hit the send button before I was done.

Even the Jakes had hens, for as fun as it was to watch them strut gobble and mill around it was frustrating that nothing would work our way. Oh well thats why its hunting and not target practice. Back at it Wed & Thur

Yeh, though I was getting awesome video, until finding out forgot to take the lens cap off the camera, LOL. Or well, still have the audio.

Yea that sucks, saw a guy walking in the other morning with a pretty expensive video camera set up. I'd love to be able and get something like that.