Nature Show - "My Life As A Turkey"

Cabin Fever

Came across this show from the other PBS link that was posted. Just finished watching it and really liked it! Very interesting... http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/my-life-as-a-turkey/full-episode/7378/

After a local farmer left a bowl of eggs on Joe Hutto’s front porch, his life was forever changed. Hutto, possessing a broad background in the natural sciences and an interest in imprinting young animals, incubated the eggs and waited for them to hatch. As the chicks emerged from their shells, they locked eyes with an unusual but dedicated mother. One man’s remarkable experience of raising a group of wild turkey hatchlings to adulthood.

Edited by Cabin Fever

• 1 month later...

Yeah - I just watched it - it was a good show. I would like to get some turkeys to follow me around during deer season.

I thought that the "re-creation" went quite well for the CGI graphics were good ...

Good show though I'd recommend it if for no other reason it clearly shows calling in a turkey is blind luck or someone with some real knowledge.