Checked a Geneseo cam today

fasteddie

Got some pics from my SILs property on Lima Road  . This cam was set up in some thick stuff in a wet wooded area . There are all kinds of trails through the stuff . It's an overgrown field that hasn't had anything done to it in over 20 years .

post-132-0-60687800-1369957595_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-87758100-1369957626_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-85283800-1369957706_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

good stuff. looks well traveled. I noticed your cam is facing east by southeast. the sunrise rise will factor into many pictures here.

best trail cam results are normally achieved by north facing units where the sunlight will be coming from the south for most of the day and the light will be behind your camera and shining on your subjects. good luck.

• Like 1

Skyhunter --- thanks for the input .

I usually have my cameras facing North but I wanted this to face the deer trail  . I figured it was thick enough whereby I wouldn't get too much sun .

I have also found that when I have the cameras facing north that many more pics are taken as the sensors must pick up the shadow movement . I am also aware that limbs , leaves blowing will trip the camera .

There are so many deer trails through here that it is is hard to determine where the deer will travel at any given time .

• Like 1

What is the little red light just above the time in the 3rd pic?

I think that is an internal reflection of the sun in the lense system. Direct sun will cause weird special effects with these cameras.

What is the little red light just above the time in the 3rd pic?

This is actually a night shot with a new high res camera and the moon in the background.

I put a glow stick on the trail to lure the deer, and so they can see what they are doing, lol.

:gamer: .