New here! Question about shotgun scopes!

The new Redfield Revolution  scopes are great.  I'd get the 2x7 power for a shotgun.

Making sure the shotgun is firmly planted in your shoulder pocket when you shoot will help more than a longer eye relief.  Most scope eye cases happen when shooting off a bench and the butt pad slips down on the shoulder under recoil.  This allows the scope to come back at you.

Fellas. I've been doing a lot of research on scopes. I couldn't find any information of the Redfield's performance with shotguns. But, I just found that the Vortex Vipers 2-7x32 are on sale for $170. Seems like a great deal considering they are normally $260 and the Crossire 2-7 is $115. I think I'm gunna pull the trigger on one.

• 1 month later...

Well, I never got a shot on a deer but the scope was great. Very clear, never fogged and I could see through it until pretty much pitch black. I dropped my gun once and smacked the scope pretty good so I put a few rounds through it and it didn't move at all. Can't wait to use the combo again next year.