sun burnt

apoallo

Does anyone else enjoy peeling the dead skin off of your self after your get  a sunburn?? I got burnt pretty good this past weekend on the sound fishing and today starting to peel .  So Im sitting on the couch and peeling my skin from my shoulders and i look up and my wife is stareing at me with this disgusted look on her face. I knew she didnt like it so I asked her if she can help me with a hard to reach area...... she stood there so I took off a nice long layer and said oh nevermind honey I got it... and then showed it to her. lol she turned around and walked away , as she went into the bedroom I heard her mumble that I was gross. haha. idk maybe im the only one....

Edited by apoallo

Are you a human or wooly mammoth/

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Nah, just my adaptation to being out in the cold so much.

Ok it might've been a slight exaggeration, but not much. I failed to mention my feet soles and the old jolly-roger! lol

Are you a human or wooly mammoth/

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Nah, just my adaptation to being out in the cold so much.

Ok it might've been a slight exaggeration, but not much. I failed to mention my feet soles and the old jolly-roger,  but they aint gettin' no sun! lol

Perhaps she read this....LOL :P;)

Picking at skin - a disease?

And doctors, particularly those specializing in mental health issues and dermatology, acknowledge that this compulsion for picking at skin on the face, and anywhere else on the body, is an issue that is dangerous in and of itself but is also a sign of deeper emotional turmoil that may require in-depth intervention.

In fact, compulsive skin picking is now classified as one of a cluster of compulsive behaviors that fall under the diagnosis of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Other behaviors that may accompany skin picking are nail biting and hair pulling. Still others may be more severe, even life threatening.

In the spectrum of behaviors falling under the OCD diagnosis, compulsive skin picking is linked to anorexia nervosa, autism, Tourette’s syndrome, and Munchausen’s Disease.

Complicating diagnosis of the skin picking disorder are the circumstances under which different people feel compelled to pick. Stress-provoking situations are the trigger that leads some people to begin or resume aggressive skin picking. Others seem to be unconscious of their picking, as it often occurs as a passive activity while mentally occupied with other relaxing activities, such as watching TV, reading, even driving.

Another mystifying aspect of the diagnosis is the underlying reason to begin picking at skin in the first place.

Many people suffering from compulsive skin picking do so as a defense mechanism against bullying from other people in their lives, such as classmates, parents, or spouses. Others experience the skin picking disorder as an act of aggression against themselves.

It is often difficult to determine if the patient is victim or aggressor.

Fortunately, there is a growing interest in understanding and treating the disorder. Several skin picking treatment options are becoming available but there is still much more being left unsaid, even undiscovered as yet, about this disfiguring and dangerous obsession.

He can always tell her....at least I don't do this.....eeewwww...I hope...

Why Do People Eat Their Own Scabs?
Answer
Scabs are what form on wounds which close the wounds. Some people may simply find pleasure out of eating their own scabs. This may also be the result of a habit they have formed.

Hahaha scab eating.. No I don't do that. Actually there is nothing else that I do that was listed in the long paragraph post. Although I def am OCD about certain things, skin picking is not one. I just like to get the dead burnt skin off in large pieces if possible lol as weird as that may sound..

• Like 1