bowhunting long island private land...

long island hunter 5

hey guys just wondering if anyone hunts private land on long island and if so how did you get it? asking owner? wineries? farms etc?

I've found that the landowner's either allow only a select few to hunt or they let anyone hunt................tough to get a spot all to yourself unless you have connections.

Good luck again, a lot of times guys will get permission and glom it from anyone else getting permission even if they only hunt once a week at most. Guys get pretty cutthroat over private spots., even spots that aren't private you will finds guys thinking it is their spot and they will leave treestands up even when it's illegal especially on county lands. There is a lot of public land, and good public land at that. In recent years they have been opening more and more land for bowhunting which is great.

Yea I have access to a private piece that is adjacent to a large peice of unhunted county land.  It's a real gem.  I basically found out who owned it and where he lived, knocked on the door and asked and he said sure!  Now I know this is not the typical situation but I got real lucky and found a great property to hunt with the nicest owner i've ever met.  It has been 2 years now and I continually have to kick other guys out and take stands down but its worth it; I killed my biggest buck ever last season on this piece.