woohoo picked up a new lease today.

jesse.james

Well I picked up a new lease today. Only 80 acres but it's going to be just my brother and I hunting it. Bow only. Suburban hunting so I hope I am able to get a shot at one of the suburban buck running around that area.

Edited by jesse.james
  • Like 4

Frustrated!!!! So I had Ariel photos and a pic of the property map on the advertisement of the lease. My brother takes the map and inputs it into the gps which calculates the priory at 49 acres. I decided to get ahold of the tax record. Sure enough 49 acres. I emailed the company to see if they will rectify this since they advertised it at 80 acres. Is the advertisement is gone and the agreement does not specify acreage.

Edited by jesse.james

sounds like someone was out to make money off you...

I emailed them. I hope it was an error and they rectify it. They do most of there advertising on Craigslist. If they don't I'll be forced to keep flagging all of there listings and creating scam alert posts on Craigslist.

Edited by jesse.james

As long as you have 80 in writing you should be able to get out of it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

im checking my receipt soon as I get out of work. Im almost positive it only says the address of the property and does not specify the acreage although I do have something my brother wrote up that I made them sign. I hope he listed the acreage on it.

I only use craigslist for items that I can physically hand the item over to the other person . way too many flakey ads on there. Mind if I ask how much they got you for?

well it was off of their website. I originally found them on Craigslist but they do have there own site.

They didn't get me for much. It's more about the misrepresentation. I only paid 600 for the 80 acres.

Edited by jesse.james

Well I think I figured out why it was so cheap lol. My brother and I went out to scout and put up trail cams. The land is almost perfectly flat and low lying. Looks like during a heavy rain it gets alot of run off. A large portion of it had about 1 inch of mud on it over hard dirt. We had a down pour 2 nights ago. Needless to say was easy to Scott and track but by far the worst mosquitos I've ever encountered. My brother and I easy had 500 mosquitos circling us at all times. I wore short sleeves. My mosquito bites have mosquito bites. Got 6 cams up though. When I go back in 2 weeks I'm going prepared. Mosquito nets. Long sleeves and gloves. Well be using lots if bug spray scent be damned.

Edited by jesse.james