Weather....

burmjohn

Ok, kind of confused.  I'm no weather man, but.... If I look at the radar, the whole front is almost passing through NYC/LI now, making it way up.  By tomorrow night it should be well blown through Sullivan County, yet it says rain through Sat morning on all the forecasts.  Unless this storm whips a circle around, I can't see it raining up there come Sat... And based on the previous 3 hrs of radar data its not going to whip around.  There is a smaller band coming in, however, that looks like 30-60 min of showers max. 

BTW, listening to the weather channel right now, they said there is a chance for SNOW in Northern NY  :)

There is only one weather report that has any real value ...... As the day progresses, look up at the sky. Then you will know exactly what it's doing. I couldn't tell you how many hunts I have had ruined by believing the weather man. Wind direction predictions and speeds are almost bordering on useless. Rain predictions generally are not all that reliable either in terms of quantity and duration. It's a losing battle! The problem is that you have to go by something. What I do is to attempt to catch all the forecasts that are available. We have the three major networks, YNN (local news), and The Weather Channel. That's 5 sources. If I can find some sort of concurrence among the majority of them, that's what I go by. I still often get the wrong forecast, but it's the best chance that I have ..... lol.

Doc