Ohio (Not a Northeastern state, but borders New York)

Youth Nonresident license only $10, Youths given priority in Managed Dove Field Controlled hunt lotteries.

Nonresident License $125

3 Day Nonresident license $40

Youth Nonresident $10

Where to purchase license or to purchase online or by mail: http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/regulations/vendor.aspx

The Ohio Wildlife Council approved the state's 2013-2014 early migratory game bird hunting seasons at its scheduled meeting on Wednesday, July 17, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR). Sept. 1 kicks off the state’s bird hunting seasons for mourning dove.

Ohio's dove season is Sept. 1-Oct. 21 and Dec. 15-Jan. 2, 2014, with a daily limit of 15 birds and a possession limit of 45 birds after the second day.

Controlled dove hunts will be offered at Fallsville, Rush Run, Spring Valley, Indian Creek and Bott state wildlife areas. Bott Wildlife Area will hold its drawings at the Indian Creek Headquarters. These controlled hunts will take place on Sunday, Sept. 1, and Monday, Sept. 2; hunting hours will be noon to sunset. Controlled dove hunts will also be offered at St. Marys Fish Hatchery on Sept. 1-2, 7, 14 and 21. Youths 17-years-old and younger will be given priority on Sept. 1-2.

Opening day drawings for all of these hunts will take place at noon on Saturday, Aug. 24, at the respective public area headquarters. Drawings for the other hunts will be held the day of the hunt at noon. Maps and details are available at wildohio.com. Questions about these hunts should be directed to the ODNR Division of Wildlife’s District Five office at 937-372-9261.

Hunters must obtain a new HIP certification each year. Licenses, permits and stamps are available online at the Wild Ohio Customer Center.

Hunting hours are sunrise to sunset. The only exceptions will be on wildlife areas that have specially posted hunting times for doves. The 2013-14 Ohio Hunting and Trapping Regulations and the 2013 Migratory Game Bird Hunting Seasons brochure can be found online at wildohio.com. The 2013 Migratory Game Bird Hunting Seasons brochure will be available by late August at license outlets, ODNR Division of Wildlife district offices or by calling 800-WILDLIFE. Visit the ODNR website at ohiodnr.gov . For some tasty dove recipes, check out our Wild Ohio Cookbook.

Ohio Managed Dove Fields

Download the locations of all dove fields and parking areas using Google Earth. For hyper links click here: http://dnr.state.oh.us/Home/HuntingandTrappingSubhomePage/DoveFieldLocations/tabid/18642/Default.aspx

Central Ohio

Big Island Wildlife Area

Deer Creek Wildlife Area

Delaware Wildlife Area

Mackey Ford Wildlife Area

Northwest Ohio

Killdeer Plains Wildlife Area

Lake La Su An Wildlife Area

Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area

Resthaven Wildlife Area

Wyandot Wildlife Area

Northeast Ohio