Radish with no-till/groundbreak

Radish in my exprience can be planted slightly later than turnip.

Here in our area Belo...you can probably plant mid-july (with right weather) through second/third week of August. I like the range between the last week of July and first week of August if possible. Goal is a minimum of 45 days pre-first frost. Our average frost date is usually late September early October. Last few years we've squeeked into early October pretty regularly.

Edited by phade

I've tried planting purple top turnips, groundhog radishes, dwarf essex rape, and other brassicas for 3 years straight. They grew great, but went untouched! Well, I take that back, I certainly enjoyed a turnip and radish everyday for a snack! Hey, someone had to eat them! B)

I put in the last of my brassica / perrenial plot last weekend 8/3. Have to be careful with a mid July planting due to extreme heat and possible lack of rain. I like to shoot for first two weeks in August to get in the last of my plots this way gives ample time for tops/bulbs to grow prior to first frost.

Cabin fever, if deer in your area don't take to eating the bulbs, you may want to look into pasja turnips they are a brassica that produces nice tops, no bulb , holds up pretty good to heavy browsing and deer love them.

Cabin fever, if deer in your area don't take to eating the bulbs, you may want to look into pasja turnips they are a brassica that produces nice tops, no bulb , holds up pretty good to heavy browsing and deer love them.

The deer didn't touch the tops either! I'm surrounded by corn, soybeans, and apple orchards, so maybe they're just spoiled...