Crossbows in CT Archery Season

BizCT

From what I have read, August 27th is the day.  All signs point to crossbow being allowed in CT Archery Season by anybody. 

Guess I went through all the hoops to get my xbow permit in CT for nothing.

This will now mean CT, NJ, PA all have full inclusion. Next up NY (2014). OH FO SHO!

• 2 weeks later...

So there you have it guy's if you really want to hunt using a crossbow have at it and leave NY archery season pure the way it should be!!!

I don't have a crossbow but I don't really see the difference between that and a compound bow. If you truly want to leave archery season pure then shoot a recurve!

I think it was last month they voted it down. It would be silly if they were willing to allow more weapons but still limit a hunter's weekend to one day.

Yea, the Sunday ban in CT and PA sucks for me. I work Monday-Friday and busy season is November and December, so we are limited to the amount of days off we are allowed during those 2 months. I could hunt double the days in CT and PA if they ever allowed Sunday hunting.

From everything I read on Bowsite, Crossbows are now approved for everybody during archery season (9/16-12/31) in CT! Guess I got my special permit for nothing, lol.

Next up New York ? ?

I couldn't find anything to support this on the DEEP website although I did read some comments found on an internet search saying that they were made legal from as far back as May.

Special permit Biz?

Biz when did that happen just today? Nothing on the website yet....that's a good news actually....

Today was the final vote. It should be on their website within a day or two I would guess.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Biz when did that happen just today? Nothing on the website yet....that's a good news actually....

Today was the final vote. It should be on their website within a day or two I would guess.

Crappy timing for the gun hunters that think they might want to expand their seasons- it will take a long time to get into a bow hunter safety class this time of year.

I still can't believe they voted down allowing Sunday hunting. Of all things that would add to the deer harvest, doubling the available hunting days for most hunters would make the biggest difference.

Crappy timing for the gun hunters that think they might want to expand their seasons- it will take a long time to get into a bow hunter safety class this time of year.

I still can't believe they voted down allowing Sunday hunting. Of all things that would add to the deer harvest, doubling the available hunting days for most hunters would make the biggest difference.

Not true, there are tons of courses available in NY before 9/16. I took mine in the spring, but if I didn't I would still be fine.

Not true, there are tons of courses available in NY before 9/16. I took mine in the spring, but if I didn't I would still be fine.

That won't help the CT hunters too much. There won't be a lot of practice time either.