Coyote

ballbusta

I have not seen deer from my favorite stand in the three times I went out this year. Today I noticed three coyote passing behind my stand.  My question is will deer come back to this area or is it shot for the season.  I have seen a few fresh scrapes and rubs on the way out today.

I have not seen deer from my favorite stand in the three times I went out this year. Today I noticed three coyote passing behind my stand.  My question is will deer come back to this area or is it shot for the season.  I have seen a few fresh scrapes and rubs on the way out today.

I have a trail cam picture of a coyote peeing in the middle of a trail, Fifteen minutes later deer were walking by, like nothing happened.

They could care less

Thanks I don't have too much experience with coyote I thought they had more effect on the deer. The ones I seen looked a little different than the one In the link the head and half the face about up to the eyes was black , rest of the face was grey/white , back and tail was black/grey with a grey body. Would this be some type o a coyote mix ?

There are all different color variations of coyotes. If the deer I hope your hunting is the big buck making the scrapes I'd bet a coyote wouldn't mess with him(unless he's mortally wounded by, say a BROADHEAD)!!! Make it happen, he's still there!!

Actually I just remembered opening day of gun season a few years back. I shot a coyote early, got down dragged him to the base of my tree and got back up in the stand. A little while later a yearling buck came in, walked up, sniffed the dead coyote and walked off. A couple hours later another coyote came in and met the same fate. ) deer but two 'yotes

Hondo