Stand Location

Bleitten04

Well I basically have a doe and two fawns patterned down pretty well.  They come through the same spot every evening.  Only problem is they are about 100 yards from me.  I feel like if I move up to where I feel I'm in range when they come through they will go some other route.  On the other hand they seem pretty content with their route and I wonder if I should just wait until gun season where I can shoot farther.  However I know that they come off of property that I can't hunt.  I'm afraid that someone will run into them before I do on opening day of gun.  I think a lot of the people around me do deer pushes so who knows where they will be come that afternoon.  Any opinions out there?

If the land you hunt on isn't public and if you don't pressure them too much they might push them onto your land. On the other hand if you figure out  a good stand location for a shot with your bow, the rut could bring a buck in on the heels of that doe!!(should be soon). Keep them doe's comfy in your area and setup downwind of where they bed down(usually in secluded thick cover). Good Luck!

One of the THE biggest mistakes hunters make, in my opinion, is being too fearful of a move in-season. Granted, it needs to be done smart, but the people who do this generally are more successful than if they simply remained status quo.

Heck, I've moved stands 10 yards, and it made all the difference. Do it keeping your scent in check as best as possible, play the wind, and enter/exit smart.

First time in rule is in effect. Get it done!

I moved in closer but wasn't in a stand.  there is no tree able to hold a stand in this area.  Also they never ended up coming through  >:) .  Oh well I guess.  I sprayed a ton of scent killer where I walked and right where I was sitting, hopefully if they come through when I'm not there they won't smell my prior activities.  I'm going to give it a few days and then try it again. 

thank you i will post what happens I will probably be going out friday evening but not sure yet if I want to put this plan into action then or the weekend.  I'm going to check out some weather reports and choose when I feel deer will be moving the most.  Hopefully Ill be right. :;)