Bear, but I Screwed it Up

Jafo

I have been working pretty hard trying to lure a bear into my hunting area.  After a bit of reading about what others do, I decided to try and drip some anise oil on a spot in the woods and cover it up with logs, branches, etc., and then cover it with a cam.  For a while I wasn't getting anything but a curious yote here and there.  I left the spot untouched for 3 days and came back and everything was torn up to Hell.  I was so happy!  I went to my camera and wouldn't you know it, I forgot to put the SD card back in!!!  I had partially ejected the card to adjust the settings on the camera and never put it back.  Doh!  I am not sure if it will ever come back seeing as how it never actually found anything to eat, it might just be ignoring my spot now, but who knows, maybe another one will come.  I set it all back up.

Feeling stupid..

• 1 month later...

I have been working pretty hard trying to lure a bear into my hunting area.  After a bit of reading about what others do, I decided to try and drip some anise oil on a spot in the woods and cover it up with logs, branches, etc., and then cover it with a cam.  For a while I wasn't getting anything but a curious yote here and there.  I left the spot untouched for 3 days and came back and everything was torn up to Hell.  I was so happy!  I went to my camera and wouldn't you know it, I forgot to put the SD card back in!!!  I had partially ejected the card to adjust the settings on the camera and never put it back.  Doh!  I am not sure if it will ever come back seeing as how it never actually found anything to eat, it might just be ignoring my spot now, but who knows, maybe another one will come.  I set it all back up.

Feeling stupid..

I have an older trail camera, the Cuddy Back Capture.  On that one you don't necessarily have to have an SD card in it as it has some memory and there is a way to transfer the pics to the card.  Perhaps your trail camera has the same feature and you don't know about it???  Did you keep your owner's manual?  If not, you could look it up online.  Maybe you will be surprised that it has a memory also!  Good luck!

• Like 1