Plits that can handke standing water?

Are there any food plots that can handle standing water for a day or two at a time? My lease is on low land. Dense woods accept for a few openings that get minimum required sun light. The problem is that on a hard rain these places will get standing water for a day or two. Are there any type of plus that can manage to grow with these conditions?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by jesse.james

I'll second the motion on Alsike clover. Reds will do well in poorly drained clay loam soil provided enough light condtions exsist. The only gripe I have against Alsike is it becomes bitter and less  palatable when mature. Also regrowth is very limited. We grown clovers on poor drained clay soil, flood plains for 50 years.

Strawberry Clover Palestine (Trifolium Fragiferum) - Strawberry clover is a perennial clover similar to white dutch clover in growth habit. Spreads by above ground stolons, similar to strawberries. Adapted to wet saline and alkaline soils and can tolerate a wide range of soils. Will tolerate flooding. It is principally a pasture plant that is somewhat drought resistant. Strawberry clover develops a good sod, and is very palatable.

• 2 weeks later...

I googled this same topic and found some mixtures I am trying next year. I posted them in the topic I just made called next years food plots. I researched all on the seeds and they all say for wet soil. I will typically will not have standing water as long as every time I visit my property I reverse the work of the resident beaver but it is damp. Lol what I am thinking of doing is a .22 mag between his eyes though.

Get a trapper and do it legal.  I get a permit ( Local DEC supplies it)to shoot them from sunrise to 11pm because they are trying to turn my cornfield into a 5 acre wet spot and flooding roads on my property,  If they flood your oak trees in the fall take up duck hunting and the deer still hang out there.  I shoot 2 or 3 a year while the trapper gets 18-20.  That's every year for the last 25 years.  Learn to live with them..... you'll loss less hair,sleep and still have deer.

All shoot to kill beaver permits in CNY expire October 31 of every year.(Trapping season opens and why waste a pelt?)  So if you want something done this year find a trapper. (Call your local DEC office for help or ask at a local sporting goods store for the Phone number of one). BTW  Every year we get at least one weighing over 60 lbs (the size of a kindergarten kid wearing a fur coat) You can;t stop 'em so do what you can and maybe change your thoughts about what you are going to do there.  I gave upon one spot of the farm and got federal funding to make one spot a 10 acre wetland. Five years later with some creative landscaping with brush the  deer are still there (bedding on the high spots) and I have great duck hunting (This year if went from good to as good as it gets anywhere).  For you?????  A  partially flooded woodlot will draw both ducks and deer. - good luck