Arrow building questions

TeeBugg

So as i sit here and decide how i want to build these 2413 eastons...figured id ask a few questions. Im shooting sonic pro broadheads, which vanes would you shoot? Ive got blazers, vanetecs in all sorts of sizes, quikspins...im not really after a light setup as with blazers right now im around 435 grains. Also, should i align the blades of my broadheads with the vanes? Ive heard it helps with traditional style heads. But ive gotten decent flight without aligning them before. Any thoughts?

Edited by TeeBugg

This is one of the arrows ive already made up. Its what i shoot normally. Just added a broadhead to it for the foc measurements....seems low to me

Because they are alum, I'd only have to imagine that you need an even heavier BH to move that FOC forward. Problem with a low FOC could result in the arrow more likely to lose stability in flight and more prone to planing with a BH.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Sweet, I also shoot a Parker. 29"/60# should pack a punch. If you're comfortable with the slower FPS and faster drop(read that you were ok with this in another post) you should throw on a heavier BH on there. 125 or even 150 to increase your FOC and retune.

Nothing wrong with a WB, as long as the shooter realizes its pro's, and con's.

Edited by shawnhu

I shoot a 480g arrow (easton axis n-fused) including a 125g head.  Lots of thump and penetration.  Not the fastest (mid 270s), but I can tell you from pulling those arrows from blocks, the heavier arrows with heavier heads penetrate much more that the lighter, faster arrows.  I sold off all of my lighter arrows.  MY FOC was just under 11 as I recall.

• Like 1