Savage extended bases and rings

rotorooter23

I recently bought a savage 114 american classic in 7mm rem mag. I purchased a Nikon Prostaff BDC 3x9x40 scope for it. I went to put the scope on the gun and the holes that are drilled and tapped for the rings do not allow my scopes to match up and embed properly.

I think it is such a long action, I may need to purchase an extended base or rings to make the scope fit.

Any ideas?

I have an older Savage 110 in .243 long action and ran into the same problem with a 3-9x40 scope as well.  I ended up purchasing tall rings so that the bell would not interfere with the barrel.

After rereading your post are you saying the holes on receiver dont line up with the bases?

Edited by 88GW

The scope tube is too short to fit firmly in the base rings. The diameter of the tube says it's capable of fitting the rings which is true but when I go to seat the scope or just place it in the rings, the bell hits. The rings are not properly spaced out to fit around the tube.,So I can't tighten down the scope or dare to.

Ive never ran into this problem before. It's been nothing but a pain.

Yeah..some of the newer scopes,like the Pro Staff are actually shorter than the older ones. There is a one piece extended base available for that rifle. It's about $50.00. The base will let you move the rings closer together & should solve the problem. I think it's a Weaver #48347 .Check on line or locale gun shops...Good luck.

Edited by ants

Ran into same problem.  Scope tube is short compared to distance that rings are mounted on bases.  You need a one piece picatinny base so you can mount your rings closer together to allow you to have more fore and aft movement.  Usually moving the front ring back helps on the rail.  I had to do this as well.  Here is a pic of a rail that would give you plenty of adjustability.  When I go home I can check my setup out and take a pic.  It was very frustrating to get mounted. 

post-1550-0-13530500-1382111613.jpg

Edited by 88GW